Search This Blog

Friday 5 October 2012

The Perks of being a Wallflower

I went into this film not really knowing what to expect, The trailer gave away little in terms of the content (as it should) its a coming of age drama with a lot of heart, and I think it is excellent, in fact I would go as far as to say it is the best film I have seen this year.

Maybe it is because I empathise with Charlie, the wierd kid who has no friends, as that is pretty much what I used to be like, I really felt this story, of being quiet and socially arkward and wanting people to like you. there is also an undertone dealing with domestic violence, and why people stay in relationships that are clearly no good for them, and it also touches on child abuse, and the effects that it has on the child.

I think it helps that the film was written and directed by Stephen Chbosky who wrote the original novel, sometimes I think that screenplays adapted from someone elses novel lose what the original author was trying to say.

Fantastic Performances by Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and especially Ezra Miller as Patrick

I don't give it out often, but this film deserves it 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment