Search This Blog

Monday 6 August 2012

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Dog Days

Normally with a film released on a Friday, I would have gone to the cinema on Friday night to see it, but with team GB doing so well in the Olympics, just getting off my sofa to go to the cinema proved difficult, especially as this was not one of my must see films.

So having managed to work out the best time to see this, without disrupting my Olympic viewing too much, I found myself in a Sunday Lunchtime showing, surrounded by a load of kids, watching a film for which I am not really the target audience, so I was in a bad mood to start with.

The film did little to lift my mood, I was bored fairly quickly and wishing it to end so I could get back to my TV. It's not that its a bad film, but its not that good either. My main response to this film was indifference, it did little to raise any sort of emotion in me whatsoever, which in many ways is worse than it being really poor, at least when a film is awful I can get worked up in my criticism and hatred.

There were very few real laugh out loud moments, a couple of good snigger moments I guess, but nothing to really stretch the laughter muscles.

One slight warning, this film has a U certificate, which in theory means that its suitable for children over 4. There are a couple of moments, and one in particular, that made me a little uncomfortable with that rating, perhaps it should have been a PG, I wouldn't take a 4 year old to see it.

The Kids around me seemed to enjoy it, but if you are an adult looking for a laugh, I highly recommend you go and see Ted 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment