Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Brave

With Brave and the Bourne Legacy both out on the same day, both of which I have eagerly anticipated and really wanted to see, I considered taking in both in one evening, however as 6pm came and went with me nowhere near the cinema, I ended up with a choice of which to see first. In the end I opted for Brave first and will see Bourne this evening.

I am a huge fan of Disney Pixar, but their last film, Cars 2, was a bit of a disappointment. But since first seeing the trailer for this a couple months ago, I had eagerly awaited its release on the 3rd of August, only to be disappointed to discover that was the release date in Scotland only, and I had to wait another 10 days (I live on the South coast, so travelling to Scotland was not an option)

The opening scene setting sequence of Up is amongst some of the best animation I have ever seen, and parts of this film are pretty close to being as good, choices of music and emotional voice performances add to its real lovable quality.

This was Pixar back to their best, lots to keep you emotionally involved, and a superb storyline. Great characters, and a superb performance by Kelly Mcdonald. I really felt the chill come from the screen as one particular scene unfolded.

This has to be one of the best animated films of the year 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment